Thursday, April 3, 2008

Three Guys Walk into a Bar...

Well, I'm quite excited. I just found a book about Rod Stewart, which I've been trying to find for a while, on Amazon. It's called Rod Stewart and was written by Lester Bangs and Paul Nelson. It's a very weird book. It was supposed to be a fan bio (it looks like one). These two guys instead   just trashed the Rod of the late '70's and early '80's (it was published in 1981, written in, I think, 3 days, mostly by Bangs). Understandable given they were both huge fans of his music with Jeff Beck and the Faces. Me too. I'm also a big fan of Lester Bangs and this is something most people don't realize he wrote. Check it out, classic Bangs.
                                                       
                                       ONE HOUR LATER

Yeah, just found the Blondie book written by Lester on Amazon. I gotta turn this computer off.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finding the book--it's definitely worth searching out. I especially love the "Two Jewish Mothers Pose as Rock Critics" chapter.

To clarify, however, Paul Nelson wasn't as much a fan of Stewart's work with Jeff Beck and the Faces as he was Stewart's early solo work.

Some of what Nelson wrote in the book (in a slightly different form) plus some additional material will appear in my Paul Nelson anthology/biography, Everything Is an Afterthought.